HOLISTIC MEDSPA AND AESTHETIC MEDICINE
At Modern Surgical Arts, we strive for our patients not only to look better but also feel better about themselves. The outcome of cosmetic surgery becomes significantly improved and longer lasting when combined with aesthetic medicine. Treating the whole person inside and out is for the best aesthetic results exemplify the concept of holistic & aesthetic medicine.
If you are concerned with the way your face ages, or signs of aging and physical “wear and tear” that diet and exercise just can’t seem to fight and are seeking a minimally invasive way to get rid of those pesky body issues then this treatment may be a match made in heaven for you!
Ready To Restore A More Youthful Appearance?
Contact Us Today To Schedule A Consultation!
Skin aging and sagging is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t reverse or even prevent it! And that is where Modern Surgical Arts is here to introduce you to one of the newest and most in effect minimally invasive skin care and rejuvenation approaches, with our board certified plastic surgeons and our wide-range of experienced staff, our offices are the perfect place to visit if you want your skin to look as great as you feel. And with holistic and aesthetic services Modern Surgical Arts can help you regain that beautiful youthful glow you love and deserve!
Before undergoing any of our treatments or procedures, Modern Surgical Arts finds it imperative that you, our prospective clients understand what it is best for and what the treatment comprises of. Below you can peruse all the information we have compiled and visit our offices at any time for a consultation where we will help you to assess your needs and the risks associated with the procedure and help you to make the right choice to achieve your cosmetic goal. Our experts are extremely experienced and waiting to help you get the body that you deserve.
What is Holistic Medspa and Aesthetic Medicine?
A medspa also called medical spas and medi-spas are a hybrid between a traditional, relaxing day spa and a medical clinic. This combination offers you the best of both worlds by giving you that relaxing spa-day experience to ease your stress away while also offering the procedures and expertise that you will only find at a doctor’s office.
While traditional day spas are great ways to unwind and receive simple, soothing treatments or services, med spas take it to the next level and offer you more elaborate or complex procedures that cannot be done at a typical day spa without medical certification or experience.
Aesthetic medicine is comprised of all of the medical procedures that are aimed at improving the physical appearance of a patient using non to minimally evasive procedures. Some of these procedures are performed under anesthesia while others do not require it.
Aesthetic medicine also probes into the assessment and diagnosis of certain conditions that may have change a person’s physical appearance such as acne, eczema, allergies, as well as symptoms of hormonal imbalances like excessive hair and weight gain.
Aesthetic procedures consist of:
- Dermal fillers
- Chemical peels
- Cosmetic dermatology treatments
- Hair reductions/hair removal
- Cosmetic Gynecology
- Stem Cell Fat grafting
- PRP Treatments (Platelet Rich Plasma)
Aesthetic procedures are usually performed on patients who do not suffer from illnesses and are in good health and simply want a minimally evasive procedure to help manage the signs of aging.
Once a client has chosen Modern Surgical Arts for their plastic surgery procedure they are provided with a personalized consultation. This is where the doctor will assess the patients’ medical history to determine their and put steps in place to reduce risks. It is very important for patients to remain honest and thorough when discussing their past and present medical history. Although medical conditions do not exclude patients from the procedure the doctor may need to take extra precautions to accommodate their health needs.
Once the surgeon understands the patients’ needs, they can discuss the aesthetic goals for the procedure and determine the right treatment for the patients’ needs. It is a point of importance for clients to note that insurance companies do not usually cover cosmetic surgery that is performed without a medical reason, you should always consult you insurance provider before cosmetic procedures to be mindful on what procedures are covered and which ones are not.
Candidates for Aesthetic Medicine
You can consider coming in for a consultation if:
- You are seeing physical signs of aging – it also falls under anti-aging medicine since it deals with the common signs associated with increased age, such as skin laxity as the body reduces the production of collagen, etc.
- You want to boost your self-esteem – this can help to improve the mental and social capabilities of patients as a better physical appearance often enhances the mood and increases self-confidence.
- You have experienced trauma that has affected your appearance –accidents, violence, and medical conditions can leave injuries that lead to disfigurement or affects one’s physical appearance.
- You are in good health
- Can commit to maintaining the results
You may want to reconsider the treatment if:
- You smoke
- You have serious medical conditions
- You plan to become pregnant
- You plan to lose a significant amount of weight
Medspas and Skincare
One of the most popular uses of med spas is for skin concerns. They have a wide range of options for assisting with restoring the vibrance and youth of the skin. For concerns with aging med spas also offer services like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomen. And for general rejuvenation of the skin there are facial and laser treatments are offered to combat these issues.
Before the procedure
There are certain steps a patient should take to ensure low risks and a speedy recovery. These include:
- Keeping a healthy diet before the procedure
- Begin a regular exercise routine in the weeks leading up to the surgery
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before the surgery – smoking constricts blood vessels and reduces oxygen flow
- Discontinue medications such as aspirin, blood thinners, garlic supplements, green tea extracts, and any medications containing aspirin up to 5 days before the procedure
- Be sure to take at apply for leave from work and arrange a ride home from surgery
- Assemble all the supplies they will need during recovery
Risks and side effects
As with most cosmetic procedures there are possible downsides to undergoing this treatment. Below are several side effects that you should take into consideration before making the decision to pursue an Aesthetic or holistic treatment. We like to keep all of our patients informed of the risks associated with the cosmetic procedures that we offer, allowing you to make a more informed choice. All clients are encouraged to ask as many questions with regards to the procedure as they deem necessary during the consultation, while our board certified plastic surgeons have years of experience under their belts the following side effects are unavoidable for some of our patients.
- Allergic reaction
- Formation of granulomas
- Peeling of the skin
In order to make the procedure and subsequent aftercare more comfortable and less tedious, the following are recommended:
- Avoid blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve for at least one week prior to the procedure. It is always important to consult your doctor before the procedure if you are taking any of these for medical reasons.
- Avoid supplements for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid topical products or any anti-aging products for at least 3 days before the procedure.
- Do not intake any alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before the treatment.
It is very important to follow the surgeon’s instructions. This will promote healing an improve progress towards your physical appearance. Taking care of yourself after every cosmetic procedure is vital to achieving your desired results.
Ways to speed healing include:
- Reducing salt – salt increases water retention and promotes swelling
- Eating Protein – protein aids in healing and maintains muscle mass
- Staying hydrated – drink no less than eight, eight ounce glasses of water per day
- Avoid tight waistbands – these slow down the drainage of fluid
- Try to walk each day – bit by bit increase the amount you walk, this boosts blood flow and prevents pneumonia and constipation.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, and aerobic exercise until the doctor says it is okay.
Choosing a Medspa facility
The most important thing is that you look for practices who have experience in the services and areas you are most interested in, but aside from that, there are three general areas that anyone should look out for. These include:
- Look for a med spa with practitioners that have received certified training in the modalities they offer.
- Look for a med spa with long-term practitioners.
- Lastly, look for a med spa that will provide you with your full beauty plan at your initial visit.
A full assessment will not only inform you of medical procedures that you may not have been aware of but will also explain why you personally would benefit.
To help you know what to look for, you should also be sure to remember to:
- Find a med spa with proper certifications
- Make sure they have long-term practitioners
- Avoid med spas with one-size-fits-all protocols
- Make sure all safety procedures are being properly followed
Who is qualified to provide Holistic and Aesthetic care?
When seeking cosmetic treatment of any kind it is always important to ensure that your provider is a board certified health care professional like those on our team at Modern Surgical Arts.
Board certification lets clients know that their health care provider and their facilities are held at the utmost level of education, cleanliness, and quality. Even though Holistic and Aesthetic medicine is a fairly low risk procedure you ensure the best possible outcome for yourself when you choose an experience and qualified health care facility.
If it is needed:
- Your doctor will advise you if and when you can restart your medication, and provide instructions on taking new ones.
- Antibiotics are prescribed take them as directed until the course is complete.
- Take pain medication as directed, if none is prescribed, ask if you can take an over the counter drug.
Why choose Modern Surgical Arts?
Our treatments and procedures are all designed to help align how you feel on the inside with how you look on the outside and restoring that natural, youthful beauty. Modern Surgical Arts offer a large selection of procedures to suit every patient’s specific cosmetic needs and our board-certified plastic surgeons will help determine which procedure is best to achieve the look you want. No matter what anti-aging or rejuvenation treatments you are looking for we have just what you need! We strive to provide our clients with the best in Aesthetic and Holistic treatments.
Though our board-certified surgeons provide you with all the information you could possibly need before considering undergoing a procedure, we encourage all of our clients and prospective clients to learn as much as they can about the services we offer and call us at any time to schedule a consultation, our friendly and experienced staff are always ready to help.