Denver Brow Lift
Proudly serving Denver, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Aurora & Nearby Areas of Colorado
Are you considering a brow lift procedure to enhance your facial features? Brow lifts are one of the most popular types of plastic surgery, as they can help you look younger, attractive, and also boost your self-confidence. If you are planning to lift your brow to improve the appearance of your forehead then you have just landed at the right place, as here we will tell you all you need to know about a brow lift, including the different procedures involved and the post-care tips that you need to follow.
What is Brow Lift?
A brow lift is a form of plastic surgery in which the skin and soft tissues of the forehead are raised to lift the brows and give them a more youthful appearance. As a person ages, wrinkles develop along the forehead and between the eyes that create a tired, bad-tempered appearance. In addition, aging causes the skin’s tissues to lose their elasticity, which causes the brow to droop over the eyelids and make you look even more tired.
With the help of a brow lift, your wrinkles can be reduced and your brows can be lifted so that you look more refreshed, youthful and pleasant. You can also opt for a brow lift if you have asymmetrical brows owing to injury or a birth defect.
Ready To Restore A More Youthful Appearance?
Contact Us Today To Schedule A Consultation!
Why is it best?
A brow lift is a highly popular form of plastic surgery as it can restore the youthful quality of your face in many ways.
- It corrects the frown lines that often appear between the eyebrows.
- It smoothens out wrinkles on the forehead and on the bridge of the nose.
- It lifts sagging brows that droop over the eyelids.
- It repositions eyebrows so as to look more lively and youthful.
- It corrects any asymmetries in the brow due to a birth defect or an injury.
- Any adult who enjoys good physical health can opt for a brow lift.
- The procedure itself takes a maximum of two hours and involves a speedy recovery time.
We invite you to visit our online Before and After Gallery to view examples of our Brow Lift case studies.
Types of Brow Lift
There are three main types of brow lift that you can opt for, depending on your requirements and what your doctor deems best. These include:
Endoscopic brow lift
In this technique, your doctor makes use of an endoscope, which is a long narrow tube with a small camera at the end. After making multiple small incisions behind the hairline, your doctor will insert the endoscope through one of the incisions and examine the tissues and muscles below. Accordingly, the doctor will insert a special tool through another incision and raise your forehead tissues, fixing them to their new position with the help of temporary screws or sutures. Your incisions are then closed with stitches or staples.
Coronal brow lift
This technique involves making an incision behind your hairline that extends from ear to ear. Your doctor will then raise the skin of your forehead as needed so that the portion of the scalp behind your incision and the scalp in front of it overlaps. This overlapping portion is cut off and the remaining scalp is stitched together. This technique, however, is not recommended if you have a receding hairline or are prone to losing hair.
Hairline brow lift
This technique is ideal for patients with high or receding hairlines. In this method, your doctor makes the incision between the start of your hairline and the top of your forehead. After that, he or she removes a portion of the tissue and skin from the top of the forehead, instead of your hairline. This way, your hairline doesn’t get affected and your brow still gains that lifted appearance. Bear in mind, however, that this technique could leave a scar.
Ready To Restore A More Youthful Appearance?
Contact Us Today To Schedule A Consultation!
How to prepare for a Brow Lift?
Before your brow lift is scheduled, it is important for you to have one or more brow consultations with your doctor so that you have a clear idea of what to expect. Keep the following points in mind before opting for a brow lift:
Thoroughly research your doctor
You should always get a brow lift done by a certified plastic surgeon with a solid reputation. Carefully research the surgeon’s track record in brow lift and evaluate the clinic’s reputation as well. Word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues can also be helpful in this regard.
Share your full medical history
Your doctor will require full details of your past medical history, including any other surgeries you may have undergone, any chronic ailments or allergies you suffer from, any medicines you currently take (including herbal remedies and vitamins) and your history of alcohol and tobacco usage. This is important because certain medical conditions may disqualify you from undergoing plastic surgery. For example, if you are prone to excessive bleeding, your doctor may discuss non-surgical alternatives to a brow lift. Your doctor may also ask you to stop smoking and avoid aspirins or other over-the-counter medications before the brow lift.
Get a clear idea of the final results
It is important that you have as many discussions as possible with your doctor to understand exactly what the outcome of your brow lift will look like. Your doctor will study your forehead region and ask you to make multiple facial expressions so as to evaluate how your brow lift should go. He or she will also take photographs of you from multiple angles and use computer software to create a ‘before-and-after’ visualization of your brow. In addition, you should clear your doubts about the post-surgery care and any potential complications that may arise.
Be honest about your expectations
You may feel hesitant about opening up to your doctor about the reasons behind your desire for a brow lift, especially if your main motivation is to look more youthful and attractive. However, it is important to state your expectations clearly so that the doctor can show you exactly what is achievable and what is not.
The Brow Lift Procedure
A brow lift usually takes place in an outpatient surgery room or in hospital. The procedure generally takes around two hours and you can go home immediately afterward. As you may require some assistance for a few days after the surgery, you are advised to ask a friend or family member to stay with you if you normally live alone.
- A brow lift can easily be done with the help of local anesthesia. However, your doctor may give you general anesthesia if you feel more comfortable that way.
- A typical brow lift can be done in one of two main ways – the endoscopic method and the coronal method. In each case, your doctor will make incisions on your brow and lift the tissues of your forehead so as to raise the brows and eliminate any drooping. In the hairline technique, your doctor may make an incision and remove tissues from your forehead so that your hairline is not pulled back. This technique is useful if you already have a receding hairline.
- After the brow lift is complete, your doctor will seal the skin together with staples or stitches and bandage your forehead. In some cases, your doctor may also attach fixation screws beneath your hairline to hold your brow in place that will usually come off within a week. The doctor may also attach a small tube by the side of the wound to drain off any pus or blood.
Post-care after a Brow Lift
It is important to take special care of yourself after a brow lift so that the wound heals as rapidly as possible. Keep the following tips in mind to ensure a speedy recovery after your brow lift.
- Some bruising or swelling on your face is normal and should subside within a week. Keep your head elevated when lying down and apply ice packs to ease the swelling.
- Carefully follow your doctor’s instructions on how to change your facial bandage.
- Your doctor will give you prescription painkillers to help with the post-surgery pain. It will reduce on its own after a few weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or lifting heavy loads for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid strong facial expressions like laughing or raising your eyebrows as these could affect your wound.
- Avoid smoking, as this slows down the healing process and could increase your risk of infection.
- Apply sunscreen every time you go out as sun exposure could age your skin as well.
- Consult your doctor about when you can resume activities like washing your hair or showering. You might need the help of a friend or family member to do it for you at first.
- You can expect to resume work or school after around ten days of rest.
- Consult your doctor immediately if your stitches are bleeding or oozing pus or if you have a fever in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit: Highlands Ranch Office Phone Number 303-470-3400.
- Your incision scars will fade away with time. Until then, you can consider using makeup to conceal the marks.
- Bear in mind that the results of a brow lift are not permanent. As you grow older, your brow may droop again and you may develop new wrinkles on your forehead. However, the brow lift does undoubtedly help you look more youthful no matter how old you are when you get it done.