As we grow older, our body produces less collagen, and elastin production decreases. As a result of this, fine lines and wrinkles begin to form and skin begins to sag. These side effects of aging often lead us to isolate ourselves from things and people we enjoy because be become self-conscious of these small imperfections and we see them as tarnish that prevents us from having the body and the skin that we desire.
We often catch ourselves comparing us to those who we think would never have the same problem, trying every old house wives method to prevent the signs of aging. But growing older isn’t something we should fear but instead see it as a new chapter in life.
Skin aging and sagging is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t reverse or even prevent it! And that is where Modern Surgical Arts of Denver is here to introduce you to one of the newest and most in effect minimally invasive skin tightening approaches, with our board certified plastic surgeons and our wide-range of experienced staff, our offices are the perfect place to visit if you want your skin to look as great as you feel.
Proudly serving Denver, Littleton, Highlands Ranch and Nearby Areas of Colorado
We at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver understand just how you feel, and that is why we offer treatments like the one you are about to read about, Renuvion® (formerly J-Plasma). For more information, or to schedule a consult with Dr. Dastoury or Dr. Zwiebel at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver, please choose and option:
Skin Tightening Procedure for the Denver Area
Renuvion is a new and innovative state-of-the art procedure that is used for tightening loose skin on the body, face, and neck. While traditional cosmetic procedures lift muscle and skin to a more youthful position there is lengthy and painful downtime associated with it. With Renuvion these are eliminated and patients can see results in virtually no time.
Before using Renuvion, Modern Surgical Arts of Denver finds it imperative that you, our prospective clients understand what it is best for and what the treatment comprises of. Below you will find a range of information on Renuvion; this along with a consultation will help you to decide if Renuvion is the best option for your skin firming and tightening needs. You can also visit our offices for a consultation and one of our board certified doctors will be on call and ready to assist.
What is Renuvion?
Renuivon is a state of the art, minimally invasive technology used to cut, coagulate, and ablate soft tissue during surgical procedures. It uses helium energized by radio-frequency to create streams of plasma. The plasma ray generates heat to contract the target areas whereas the excess helium gas cools the area instantaneously. The meticulousness of the plasma permits the area to be treated without injuring nearby muscle tissue and the helium prevents overheating of same.
How does it work?
It consists of a cannula that is inserted under the skin through small incisions and the plasma is exerted through the civic amenity point of the device. The plasma heats the skin triggering it to contract while also motivating collagen production.
Who is a good candidate for Renuvion?
If you are troubled by sloppy and/or loose skin and have been considering cosmetic treatments but would like to avoid the pain and downtime of traditional surgery then Renuvion may be right for you.
Renuvion is also a good choice for healthy patients who do not want invasive surgery and prefer a quick and easy procedure. Renuvion can also be used in combination with other techniques such as Liposuction.
Where does Renuvion target?
Renuvion provides skin tightening results in the following areas of the body:
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
Renuvion can also be utilized to target issues such as acne scars, pigmentation, melisma, and sun damage.
What is the procedure like?
Local or general anesthesia is administered to patients and if Renuvion is being combined with another treatment then the more invasive treatment is done first and the prevailing incisions will be utilized for the Renuvion treatment; if not, new incisions will be made. After insertion the device is moved back and forth over the treatment zone, tightening and firming the skin immediately.
Undergoing Renuvion for the first time can be nerve racking and intimidating, and we understand. We believe that educating our clients allows them to assist us in making the best decision to suit their needs. We understand that although a non-surgical procedure such as Renuvion can be a daunting and so we put measures into place to ensure that our clients are calm, comfortable, and relaxed before, during, and after all our procedures. Our board certified plastic surgeons at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver use the latest in techniques and technology to minimize any discomfort that our patients may feel or worry about feeling.
How many treatments of Renuvion are needed?
Renuvion is a single treatment procedure and results will be visible soon after the Renuvion procedure. The skin will continue to tighten over the months following the treatment as the skin remodels and produces new collagen.
There are different types of Renuvion for different areas of the body. These are as follows:
1. Renuvion for the Face – this uses cols plasma energy on the underside of the skin to tighten and rejuvenate anywhere on the face instantly.
2. Renuvion for the Body – this uses sub dermal cold plasma energy to instantly tighten and rejuvenate anywhere on the body.
3. Renuvion for the Skin – this utilizes cold plasma energy to essentially turn back the hand of time and reduce signs of aging dramatically.
Benefits of Renuvion
- Tighter, firmer skin without surgery
- Enhances multiple areas of the body
- Instantly tightens loose skin
- Can remove discoloration due to sun damage
- Can even out skin tone
- Improved skin elasticity
- Eliminates crepey skin
- Provides natural looking results
- No large incisions or scars
Side effects of Renuvion
As with most cosmetic procedures there are possible downsides to the use of Renuvion. Below are several side effects that you should take into consideration before making the decision to pursue the Renuvion treatment. We like to keep all of our patients informed of the risks associated with the cosmetic procedures that we offer, allowing you to make a more informed choice. All clients are encouraged to ask as many questions with regards to the procedure as they deem necessary during the consultation, while our board certified plastic surgeons have years of experience under their belts the following side effects are unavoidable for some of our patients.
Possible side effects of Renuvion include:
- Crusty skin
- Mild swelling
In order to make the procedure and subsequent aftercare more comfortable and less tedious, the following are recommended:
- Avoid blood thinning medications such as Asprin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve for at least one week prior to the procedure. It is always important to consult your doctor before the procedure if you are taking any of these for medical reasons.
- Avoid supplements for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid topical products or any anti-aging products for at least 3 days before the procedure
- Do not intake any alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before the treatment
Following the procedure patients will notice visibly firmer and tighter skin. Collagen will be produces and continue to work over time, rejuvenating the treatment area further. After the procedure clients can also expect to feel mild discomfort, experience bruising and redness as well as swelling. There are medications that can be prescribed to help discomfort and swelling usually starts to go down by the end of the first week. Some degree of swelling may linger for a longer period of time.
What to expect after Renuvion
- Minimal swelling
- Little or no scarring from incisions
- Pain – this can be treated with over the counter medication
- Tightness in the treatment area
The procedure usually takes 60 minutes and recovery time varies for each patient and largely depends on the area that was treated. Typical recovery spans anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks even though the skin may still seem irritated. Patients usually wear a compression garment for the initial 72 hours for treatments done on the face and for 4 to 6 weeks for procedures carried out on the body.
Ways to speed healing include:
- Reducing salt – salt increases water retention and promotes swelling
- Eating Protein – protein aids in healing and maintains muscle mass
- Staying hydrated – drink no less than eight, eight ounce glasses of water per day
- Avoid tight waistbands – these slow down the drainage of fluid
- Try to walk each day – bit by bit increase the amount you walk, this boosts blood flow and prevents pneumonia and constipation.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, and aerobic exercise until the doctor says it is okay.
Pros and Cons of Renuvion
- Dramatic results
- Results are immediately visible
- Quick and easy procedure
- Only one treatment is needed
- The procedure is generally painless
- Is long lasting, so frequent follow ups are not necessary
- More time is needed for recovery than some other procedures
- Full results take months to appear
- Only tightens to a certain extent
Why choose Renuvion?
- It can be used on the face, neck, arms, legs, and abdomen
- Minimal scarring, if any
- Very little downtime
- FDA approved
- Stimulates the production of collagen
- Less chance for infections
- It is more precise than other procedures
- It reduces the risk of damage to surrounding tissue
- It is accompanied by less pain compared to other procedures
Who is qualified to provide Renuvion?
When seeking cosmetic treatment of any kind it is always important to ensure that your provider is a board certified health care professional like those on our team at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver. Board certification lets clients know that their health care provider and their facilities are held at the utmost level of education, cleanliness, and quality. Even though Renuvion is a fairly low risk procedure you ensure the best possible outcome for yourself when you choose an experienced and qualified health care facility.
- Your doctor will advise you if and when you can restart your medication, and provide instructions on taking new ones.
- If antibiotics are prescribed take them as directed until the course is complete.
- Take pain medication as directed, if none is prescribed, enquire as to whether you can take an over the counter drug.
Why Choose Modern Surgical Arts of Denver?
Along with providing board-certified plastic surgeons for all our treatments and procedures we at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver take pride in providing top notch customer service and our staff is always ready to assist with any queries or concerns our customers might have. We have worked dedicatedly and tirelessly to ensure that we are the go to place for this and many other cosmetic treatments.